FEBRUARY 8th: Modern Brush Lettering for Beginners with Shelly Kim
February 8th, 2020 • 10 am - 1 pm
The overall purpose of this workshop is to help you get started with your lettering journey by reviewing all the lettering drills and techniques step-by-step from Shelly Kim of Letters By Shells.
During this 3-hour workshop, you will not only learn the basics and drills of modern brush lettering, but the following topics will also be covered:• Ways to hold your brush pen
• The tools to help you get started
• Differing pressure levels with brush pens
• Differences between brush pens (small vs large brush pens)
• Common practice drills and drawing each letter with intention
• The faux calligraphy process
• Connecting letters
• Guidance on achieving bouncy lettering
• Guidance on achieving different styles
• Understanding different brush pens by testing over 20 different brands
As a class, we will be able to practice a few uppercase and lowercase letters by breaking down the connections of each letter in a word. We will also be writing a few words such as "hello," "love," and "joy."
This workshop is all about discovering your creative side and having fun while learning the beauty of Modern Brush Lettering!
*This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy or lettering. Let's all just use this time to relax, learn, and letter with good company!*
Supply List:This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started, including:
• Brush Pen Set (Each brush pen are hand-picked and will serve a different purpose)
• Lettering Workbook: (includes- Alphabet Sheet Guide, Outline of the basics, practice sheets for both uppercase & lowercase letters, different styles/compositions, tips and techniques)
• Lettering Paper
• Personalized Name Tag + Positive Quote Print
• Email recap of all the tools along with a lifetime access to digital downloads (practice sheets + workbook), and instructional videos for more guidance
WE CANNOT ISSUE REFUNDS ON WORKSHOPS WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE EVENT DATE. IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A WORKSHOP AND NEED TO CANCEL WITHIN THE ACCEPTABLE TIME, PLEASE EMAIL ORDERS@SMITTENONPAPER.COM TO INITIATE A REFUND.
Workshops take place at Smitten on Paper's studio
114 E Lemon Avenue Monrovia, California 91016
A note about parking: Weekends can be busy in old town so please allow for time to find parking. Street parking is available, but usually limited to 90 minutes. There are several free public parking lots nearby with 3 hour and 8 hour parking options. Keep an eye on the signs, we don't want you to get a ticket!