Learn the art of Modern Calligraphy in a 3 hour workshop with Betty Ling Calligraphy!
We will cover all the basics from understanding the tools of pointed pen calligraphy, basic strokes, forming letters, and developing a unique style.
Whether you’re interested in learning a new form of art, looking to hone you current calligraphy skills, hoping for a fun hobby, or simply want to spend time with a friend learning something new, this class is perfect for you.
This workshop covers all of the basics of modern calligraphy, including: introduction to all of the essential calligraphy tools, how to use a pointed pen, creating basic shapes, scripting the upper and lowercase alphabet, and word practice.
During the class you will receive hands-on instruction that will prepare you to practice the beautiful art of calligraphy. You will receive a starter kit that includes an assortment of pen nibs and holders, ink and a quality practice pad. There is no previous experience necessary, nor do you have to have good penmanship to take this class. All levels are welcome!
You will learn the basic knots of macrame to design and create your own macrame wallhanging. We will be working with cotton rope, jute, driftwood, raw alpaca fleece, and clay beads. No previous experience is necessary; all levels welcome!
Come learn the basics and beginner techniques of Modern Calligraphy! All students will receive everything they need to dive in – all tools come with the class, and are yours to take home. We’ll cover everything from basic strokes to full alphabets, and talk about developing your personal calligraphy style in this comprehensive 3 hour class. It’s going to be a great time! This will be a small, intimate class; we can’t wait to have you!
Are you interested in watercolor painting but intimidated by which materials to buy and how to use them? Come join us for this workshop where Priscilla of Yours Truly Calligraphy will cover all the basics you need to get started on your watercolor journey!
In this 3 hour workshop you will:
– Learn the basics of color theory, including mixing and blending primary and secondary colors to create custom color palettes.
– Learn all about watercolor materials and tools (paper, pigments and brushes) needed to achieve optimal watercolor results.
– Learn basic watercolor brush strokes and techniques.
– Learn how to combine colors and brush strokes to create Priscilla’s favorite florals, including anemones, peonies and roses.
All materials and refreshments will be provided. You will also receive a take home kit of watercolor materials and tools carefully curated by Priscilla.
We’re looking for a new intern! Yay! Our first experience with interns was such a success that we’re doing it again. We’re looking for someone that is highly interested in stationery, the wedding industry, design and all things pretty. You must be able to come into our studio in Monrovia at least 2-3 days a week for 4 hours a day. Read on for more details about the internship and apply here!
The internship will be non-paid and can be taken for school credit.
• Must be able to come in 2-3 days a week, sometimes more
• Must be able to work 10-20 hours per week
• Must have your own transportation and be able to come into our studio in Monrovia, CA
• Local applicants only
• Position available for school credit
• Must be interested in the wedding/stationery industry
• Input & manage shop inventory
• Upload new invitation designs & product onto our e-commerce site
• Assemble new invitation samples
• Package new shop items
• Assist during workshops & pop-up shops
• General office organization
Sound like a good fit you for you?! Then fill out the internship application and let us know why you would be perfect!